St. John’s ‘Pioneers’ Featured on Green House Project Podcast
The St. John’s Green House Homes came to the Rochester, New York area in 2012 as the first green house-style nursing homes in America located outside of a health care campus. For the 10-year anniversary of their opening, the Green House Project featured a number of the principal figures in the opening of the houses on their podcast, “Elevate Eldercare.”
“A Thanksgiving tradition continues as we gather around a virtual gratitude table with the folks who make Green House homes work,” said Susan Ryan from the Green House Project.
You will hear the following voices in this special “Elevate Eldercare” episode:
- Linda McCoy- St. John’s Dining Practice Partner
- Mimi DeVinney- St. John’s Dementia/Quality of Life Specialist
- Annette Robles- shahbaz at the St. John’s Green House Homes
- Gen Dean- nurse at St. John’s Green House Homes
- Susan Ryan- CEO of the Green House Project’s Center for Innovation and project manager for the St. John’s Penfield Green House Homes in 2012
- Rebecca Priest- Project Coach at the Green House Project and guide at the St. John’s Green House Homes in 2012
You’ll hear how this team built the Penfield Green House Homes, and how they continue to sustain an empowering environment for the elders who call Penfield home.
To everyone in long-term care working through the holidays to keep elders engaged, active, and safe, GHP and Pioneer extend our deepest thanks and admiration.