Founded in 1992, St. John’s Foundation supports St. John’s mission of bringing joy and purpose to the lives of seniors in our care.
- Creative arts and recreational and social programming, including concerts and musical performances by local musicians; art exhibitions supporting local artists; art and music therapy; and activities that encourage elders to explore the greater community.
- Spiritual and religious programming, including worship services for nearly a dozen faith traditions; remembrance services and grief support; and chaplain support for a diverse cultural and religious community.
- Physical fitness activities, including walks, hikes, swim exercise classes, chair exercise, yoga, Qi Gong, and Tai chi.
You can also get more information or make a gift over the phone by calling Anne McKenna at 585-760-1333.
There are a number of ways to support St. John's and our residents.
Tree of Life
Remember and honor a loved one with an engraved leaf on St. John’s Tree of Life. The tree grows through the generosity of family and friends who wish to recognize a loved one, friend, or associate with a lasting tribute that supports St. John’s mission. Donations can be made at three levels: $250 (Bronze); $500 (Silver); and $750 (Gold).
Illumination Of Love
St. John’s Illumination of Love, our annual holiday tree lighting ceremony, supports St. John’s Home residents with personal care needs. By making a donation of $5 to illuminate a light on our celebration tree, you help provide special amenities for residents with little or no financial means.
You can purchase a light by credit or debit card online or by calling Taylor Freitas at 585-760-2464.
Let St. John’s help you share your love when you cannot be here to do it in person. Choose from an array of packages to send a loved one happy birthday, get well, happy holidays, or congratulatory wishes. A portion of the proceeds supports St. John’s Foundation.
Packages are delivered Monday through Friday except on holidays. Please place your order at least five business days in advance of the delivery date.
St. John’s Foundation Board of Directors
- George H. Yeadon, Xerox, Chairman
- Elisabeth P. Howard, Chair-Elect
- Anna E. Lynch, Underberg & Kessler, Treasurer
- Nancy J. Adams, Past Chair
- Dawn Aprile, Dawn Aprile & Company
- Miller Ashman, MD
- Eliza Benington Kozlowski, George Eastman Museum
- Amy J. Mason, MD
- James H. McBride, High Falls Advisors
- Thomas Spina
- David Steitz, PhD, Nazareth College
- David M. Tang, Underberg & Kessler
- Lou Visco, Casto Communities