St. John's Meadows Campus Amenities
When you move to St. John's Meadows, life is carefree. For you, lawn care, snow removal, window washing, and other chores are things of your past. You have more time to do the things you'd like to do. In your spacious Cottage or apartment, there is time to relax and enjoy your own hobbies. Plus, outside your door, an active and social lifestyle awaits, should you choose to participate. Click on the links below to read more about what awaits you at St. John's Meadows.
Or you can click on each of the photos of our living opportunities to learn more about each.
- Grab a fresh, homemade meal at the Meadows Market Café
- Visit one of the Briarwood or Chestnut Court libraries.
- Surf the web, read email, or work on projects in the computer center.
- Pick up a card or a gift in the gift shop.
- Entertain friends or family in one of our club rooms or private dining rooms.
- Run the HO gauge model trains in the model train room.
- Play pool in the pool and game room.
- Enjoy a variety of interesting musicians and speakers in our meeting rooms.
- Use St. John's Meadows transportation to go to appointments or visit shopping plazas and points of interest.
- Join your club of choice or volunteer your time to help others. The Meadowlark resident newsletter, the Computer Club, the Spiritual Life Committee, Red Hat Society, Men's Group, Meadows Chorale, Garden Club, and Residents' Council are a few of the groups waiting to welcome you.
- Check your monthly calendar to join in an upcoming card game, movie night, social event, or outing. Activities are plentiful each day at St. John's Meadows.
Discover the sights and sounds of nature surrounding your home.
A Healthy Lifestyle
- Explore Songbird Trail and the paths surrounding the 35-acre campus; visit the Meadows gazebo and ponds.
- Go for a swim in the heated indoor pool.
- Exercise in the fitness center.
- Enjoy weekly swim and exercise classes.
- Participate in an Arthritis water-walking group.
- Join the "Meadows Milers" walking group.
- Enjoy gardening at your leisure.
- Visit MCH's Center for Lifetime Wellness twice each week, with many residents who participate in a fitness program there.
- Pets are welcome at St. John's Meadows.
- Guest accommodations available when family or friends come to visit.
- A volunteer program connects residents in worthwhile projects at the Meadows, at St. John's Home, and in the community.
Peace of Mind
To ensure peace of mind while living at the Meadows, a personal emergency response system is included in every Cottage and apartment. St. John's Meadows security staff are on duty 24 hours a day. Above all, St. John's Meadows is managed by someone you trust: St. John's Home. Since 1899, St. John's Home has provided health care and housing services to Rochester's seniors. Since 1998, St. John's Meadows has offered independent living options to meet changing needs. Residents can choose to stay and bring in added services as health care needs change. Meadows residents are also given priority consideration at St. John's Home, should rehabilitation or long-term nursing care be needed.
To contact our recreation department, send an email to gro.swodaem-snhoj-ts@mjs-noitaercer.